LKG & UKG / Mont 1 & Mont 2
Nothing prepares your child for success in elementary school like a strong kindergarten experience where your child expresses a new-found confidence and a joy for learning. Small group academic lessons and scientific investigation go hand-in-hand with creative expression, physical well-being and social development.
Language and Literacy
The early years of a child's life are the most important period for literacy development. As children grow, their capacity to communicate becomes paramount to their interactions. Our kindergarten teachers lead classroom projects that ensure children aren't merely memorizing letters and imitating sounds but building vocabulary, phonemic awareness, writing, and reading readiness, by:
- Writing their name and simple letters to friends and family
- Retelling stories and hypothesizing outcomes
- Identifying sight words and using them in meaningful ways
- Enjoying reading high-quality books with support from a teacher
- Positive early experiences with mathematics help children develop reasoning skills as well as support inventiveness and persistence in solving problems. The Primrose proprietary math program introduces understanding of numbers, number relationships, measurement, geometry, and patterns through engaging hands-on learning experiences that provide a foundation for abstract math concepts.
- Little hands, Big Ideas!
Young children are born scientists! their boundless curiosity and natural urge to motivate them to investigate and better understand their world. Discover science is a research based program developed to help your child appreciate the world of science.
- To Think
- To Comprehend
- To Analyze
- To Synthesize
- To Evaluate
We encourage creativity with diverse textures, art materials and set-up ideas.Children benefit from both open-ended invitations to create where they will design abstract art and beauty as well as the all new ‘Make and Play Props’ that encourage children to construct dramatic play props to use in their everyday play.
- Children have daily opportunities to explore the form and function of art while using critical thinking to express themselves and problem-solve with creativity.
Music & Movement
Through music and movement, children learn acceptable outlets to express feelings and relieve tension. Music may also convey a specific mood through which children reveal their feelings and emotions.
- Mental capacity and intellect.There is a connection between music and the development of mathematical thinking. Mathematical concepts are developed as children sing counting songs.
- Development of creativity. Music can create an imaginary world that stimulates a child’s creativity. A box can become a drum, a stick can be transformed into a horn, or a broom can become a dance partner.